Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just a Thought...

I've actually paused a movie am watching midway just to write this down...

Been watching a lot of movies lately... Sometimes 2 a day... Sometimes more than 2... Basically, I've been doing a lot of movie-watching, which is why am passing this comment...

I feel the most used word in English movies, contemporary ones, would be... the F-word! You know which one I'm talking 'bout...

It's a lot of F-word being used...

Not that I have anything particularly against it... Nothing for it, either. I hear a lot of it being used by some friends... I don't use it myself. Not 'cos am morally driven not to use it. No. Here, am not at all sitting in judgement over it's usage — is it right, is it wrong. NO.

I just find it so lacking in meaning, so unnecessary, to constantly punctuate your sentences with it, like chocolate chips in cookies, a poke here, a poke there... So unnecessary and meaningless.

[On second thoughts, chocolate chips in cookies are very necessary and are full of meaning. So that would be a totally inappropriate comparison.]

But listening to it every other minute, during a movie, with an average of 2 movies a day, drove me to write this...

Lemme get back to my movie.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just loved this post.. i wrote an article on this some time back.. join the anti-lousy language club

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Thankyuuu, chris!

aha! vil dig up ur post! wud love to read ur views! Anti-lousy language club, here i come! :)

prathap said...

oye, tell that to osho :)
... and if u want to dig out chocolate chips from cookies, let me know before u throw them away :p"

Neha Nair said...

hey .. what about all the kids who use at school? even 11 yr olds.. it's a shame. We have even hyms sung in school with lines like 'bad language disdain' , but it seems to have no effect.Majorly because the 'cool' gangs admit people who can use such language.. and it's not education that matters anymore to them .

Anonymous said...

where r u now?

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Hi, Neha!
This reply comes a lil too late, huh?
But, Thank you for droppin by... do come again. :)

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Prathuuuu! Welcommmmme!

Don't u think Osho'd feel bad if i said anything like that?

If u think am gonna give u any of those choc chips, u've got another think comin, sweetie!

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Chriz, as usual, i've been hibernating... :D