Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What an Insect!

It's been a while since I nourished my blog... Let's begin with some random jottings 'bout insects... Why, you may ask...


Well, I came across this piece of news just now... They've discovered an ancient fossil (tell me 'bout a fossil that's brand-new. hehehe!) of a sea scorpion and artistic reconstruction on that revealed that this one was perhaps 8-ft long! Gulp!

Well, at least that's something to work on and get over the 'writer's block'!


Imagine having insects as big as those in this day and age! You can't even swat them. Awwww my gaawwwwd!


Am terrified of most insects... well, most, not all. How 'bout you?


Spiders freak me out like anything. Especially those big, brown ones with fat, juicy bellies. And cockroaches too.


Have you ever felt that insects, as a general rule, tend to be overbearing trying to invade your personal space? Like, crawl up your back, over your head, coming to rest on your forehead and that's when you actually get to know this thing has been creeping up on you...


Some of that impudence might be 'cos they are haughty and pretentious as their ancestors happened to be 8-ft long or thereabouts... hmm...

My brother owns an ant cemetery. It's right on top of his desk, below the sheet of glass that protects the table top. Looks like hundreds of red specks. Sometimes it's creepy (creepy is such an insecty word, eh?). Ants peep out from under the keys in the keyboard and march up his arms. hehehe! Oh, his office is otherwise clean...

Since this post is going no where and the only aim is to finally get my lazzzzzy brain to work and my lazzzy fingers to type, I'll conclude (mercifully). Yawwwwn!


1 comment:

DJ said...

I chanced upon ur blog thru Chris's and i couldn't stop reading!!! i so totally agree with you regarding the insects!!!