Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father so-and-so

I feel honoured to have come across some really very articulate people over the years. One among them was this Father So-and-so during my undergarduate days... Though he hasn't taught me, his wise words have never failed to tickle the 'hallowed portals' of our college...

He taught them students Physics. Now, that's one area you don wan me to talk 'bout. I've never had a flair for inhuman(e) things. Just like Maths... I once calculated 350+350+5000+5000 and gave the sum as 8800. Dont ask me how. It's not my fault (I think it's the calculator). Thats what i told my MD too. No, I wasn't fired. Am still working in the same place. Now where were we... Yeah, coming back to the Priest-Prof...

He chalked out an equation on the board and told the students: 'suggest me a technology to solve this'. (yes, u may laugh.)

Among his famous blunders, the one I like the most would be : 'Avalaanji (read: avalanche) is available in the winter regions'. Can someone tell me since when was avalanches 'available' in 'winter regions'?

'There is something wrong with your curves and projections!' Now, this one takes the cake! Susan, the gorgeous gal, was asked to walk up to the board and draw out a graph. And the one that she finally scratched out after some hocus-pocus, got this response. No, i dont think he meant anything else. (Susan's a perfect 10, u know)

(If you havn't slept with your face stuck on the keyboard, thank you for a patient ear)

4 comments:

Strategic Briefings said...

is this brother varghese, who taught susan and anu......and who was an expert in using his own version of english...!!!

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Bingo, chackocha! :D

Anonymous said...

curves? susan?
i misinterpreted the whole eauation!!!

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Um... Susan's married now, u know... :D