Saturday, June 30, 2007

Jottings on a Laaaazzzzyyy Afternoon

What a laaaazzzy afternoon...


With only 124 files to update and the boss arriving any moment now, I have a calm mind, a state which I have managed to attain after days of a certain form of meditation called Procrastination. I have almost mastered this art and have applied it in many areas. Like the pile of laundry I mentioned in another post (I like it when I get my reader to revise), it's still there.


I had a nice helping of rice, 2 curries, a small helping of my friend's chicken fried rice (I have a 'helping' mentality) and an apple and now, a coffee. A relaxed, contented and satisfied burrrrrrrrrp later, I bury my rear end in the chair, nursing another cuppa. Slowly, the cold seat sends shivers through my spine (very easy path for the shivers to travel, right?). I take a few more sips of the nice coffee... mmm...


I look at the monitor... stare at it would be the more appropriate usage, 'cos am trying to think what was it that I was doing before going for lunch... One more sip of the warm coffee... You know how good it feels when the room temperature is low and you're cold and the warm coffee goes down your throat... mmm... nice coffee...


And, yes, I get a vague recollection of what I was doing and suddenly realize the monitor is actually in sleep mode and you need to move the mouse to bring that 'sparkle' to your computer's eyes... yeah, you gotta lift that hand and keep it on the mouse and move it... yeah, I'll do it... one sec, lemme take one more sip of the coffee...


And then I feel reeeaaally full. All that lunch has settled and feels as though it's expanded or something, 'cos my tummy is bulging and out of the blue, the image of my cosy, warm bed flashes in front of me. Who says coffee keeps you awake?


They should introduce something like a one-hour power-nap... Or a bed in the Recreation Room, 'cos one of my favourite recreational activities is sleep. Some people call it a non-activity (That's totally false!).

7 comments:

Gomathy S said...

That sure seems like a VERY lazy afternoon.. better to snuggle in bed with a book in head :)

Gomathy S said...

sorry that was supposed to be "book in hand"
effects of "post-lunch" :)

Anonymous said...

tummy bulging?

hey usha! congrats!!!!

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

@scribbler: Scribbler! Thank you for dropping in! :D

Yeah, That sure was a lazy afternoon... and Laziness is my middle name. The afternoon's just an excuse. :D

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

@Chronicwriter: Chrizzzz! :D (See? I didn't say 'great to hav u bak, pal!' and make him feel important. Am smart, eh? ;>)

Er... That bulging tummy is actually an sequential deposit of adipocytes in a exponential and layered manner. (I have no idea what am saying)

Anonymous said...

another reason for digest-ipation

Anonymous said...

come on... write something... lazy gurlieeee