Monday, June 18, 2007

Today's Fortune

Today's Fortune on Orkut always keeps me in good humour. It's always these sugary-sweet tidbits that greet me when I open my account every morning... never lets me down.

But what disturbs me is, I have a growing suspicion that these fortunes are being recycled, though I havn't been able to determine the duration between each repeat 'telecast'.

For example, today's Today's Fortune is "You are going to have a very comfortable old age". Now that's the second time am noticing that am 'going to have a very comfortable old age'. Taking into consideration that your fortunes are determined by your stars/planets, it's slightly depressing to see this piece of post-dated info again. Leads you to conclude that your stars/planets are doing the same rounds... which is not what I learnt in Astrophysics class, you know! (There, I let out some valuable info about my academic leanings)

And another thing that bugs me after I 'imbibe' Today's Fortune is, do they deal only with good fortune? And if I'm being shielded from the harsh reality of the bad fortune, it is indeed unfortunate. Am a big girl now, and I can handle it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should call up sunita williams once she comes back.. she myte have the answer

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

Naaaawwww! let's not bother her...:D :D

Anonymous said...

Hey todays fortune for me: " you are what you are"... What sort of fortune is that?

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! (roal) That's not even a fortune, huh? Mine is "Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life" (GULP!)

Anonymous said...

your hubby reads your post?

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

not yet... whyyyyy?? :D

My Verbal Diarrhoea said...

will sooon show him...